Samsung Galaxy A32 5G was released on January 22, 2021 and is available in the Philippines for Php 15,990.00.
It is equipped with 8 GB memory, a big 128 GB storage, and Mediatek’s Dimensity 720 processor which is comparable to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 750G or Snapdragon 765.
It has a decent resolution selfie camera and four rear cameras.
A decent phone for gaming and camera for a mid range phone.
Let us see its pros and cons if it will fare in other uses.
- High resolution rear camera
- Ultra Wide angle camera
- HDR quality rear camera
- 4K@30pfs rear camera video
- High resolution selfie camera
- Decent enough processing capability
- No optical zoom feature
- No stability feature for both photo and video
The Samsung Galaxy A32 5G is equipped with four rear cameras. Starting from its main camera, it uses a wide camera sensor measuring 1/2.0" (inches) able to fit 48 million pixels with 0.8 micrometer size each (48 MP with 0.8µm size per pixel).
The main camera has PDAF autofocus but sadly, it does not have a stability feature that can minimize blurriness from small shaking.
The device has a 8 MP ultrawide camera that can cover 123 degree angle.
It also has a macro camera that can help for taking macro (close up) shots.
Plus a 2 MP depth sensor to determine distance which is used for portrait shots.
It features LED flash, HDR quality photographs, and is capable of making panorama shots.
The device's rear camera can produce videos with 4K resolution at 30 fps (frames per second). But just like its main camera, it does not have a stability feature as well so videos taken while moving might be a bit shaky and blurred.
As for its selfie camera, it has a 1/3.1” camera sensor size that can fit a 13 MP resolution image with a 1.12µm per pixel as its size. It can produce 1080p video resolution at 30 fps.
As for the image processing, it uses “Dimensity 720” which is a high quality among mid range processors.
- Capable of running high end games
- Wide gaming screen
- Good battery life
- Some delay in loading elements in games with high graphics and big maps
The Samsung Galaxy A32 5G is equipped with 8 GB memory and 128 GB storage. It is powered by Mediatek’s Dimensity 720 sso with a Octa core CPU and Mali-G57 MC3 GPU.
With the above specs, it makes the phone capable of running high end games such as Genshin Impact, Ragnarok X: Next Gen and battle royale games like Call of Duty Mobile and PUBG.
But unlike high end phones, its processor is not capable of superb performance and lag or slowness might occur some of the time.
For games with a wide world, loading the elements in the map might be delayed sometimes especially when the player is moving from place to place rather fast which would require the game to load the map quickly as well.
Example of this is Call of Duty Mobile. Riding a quick vehicle might show a map with missing elements around.
Still, the games are still playable on the device and adjusting the display resolution might do the trick.
For games with low requirements, such as Mobile Legends, the device's smooth performance is to be expected.
The device is also equipped with a 5000 mAh battery so game time will be long enough as well. It also has fast charging capability so getting bored will be shorter.
As for the screen, it has a wide 6.5 inches screen size which is wide enough for gamers. Having a wider screen view helps to have a better view of the game you will be playing.
- Wide screen
- Has 3.5mm jack
- Not so perfect screen colors especially black
- Lower display refresh rate compared to other Mid range phones
- Some brightness issues with HDR quality videos
Phones usually categorized for multimedia usage are widely used for music and video streaming. So a good screen size and features, and a good speaker is a must.
Screen wise, the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G with a 6.5" wide screen size, watching series or movies will be great.
It uses a TFT screen which uses backlights to produce images so colors might not be as perfect as other screen types, especially black.
As for audio, a stereo speaker is available and if you want to listen alone, a 35mm jack is available for wired earphones or headset.
- High storage with MicroSD and USB OTG support
- Fast charging feature
- Decent battery capacity
- Good rear main camera resolution
- Good video resolution
- Has no barometer
- Camera has no stability and optical zooming feature
- Video does not have stability feature
This is the most in-demand use of smartphones nowadays. Mostly everyone uses their smartphone on their life travels, be it summer getaway, mountain hiking, and many more adventures.
With these, app support for travelling is widespread from maps to online navigation.
For phones, devices with a good storage capacity, good network connection, and a long battery life is a must.
As for the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, it is equipped with a wide 128 GB storage.
It also has an external memory card slot which is shared with SIM slots and a USB OTG feature as back-up.
It uses 5G data network connection which is the best network available as of 2021.
It has a GPS feature to capture location even without data. Sadly the phone does not have a barometer installed so GPS cannot take altitude data using it.
The phone is 205 grams which is on the heavy side of smartphones and raising it to take pictures for a long time might be sore if not used to doing exercise.
It has a decent battery capacity of 5000 mAh which is good enough for long travels. But is it still recommended to bring a power bank just in case.
It features a high 15W fast charging, which is good for intensive use of the device. Though frequent charging of a device will also deteriorate the battery quickly.
As for its camera, it has a decent camera resolution but it does not have stability features which should be able to help minimize blurriness from small shaking.
It does not have an optical zooming feature as well so you can’t enjoy taking shots on faraway subjects.
The same goes for taking video, even if it can take high quality videos, without stability features, expect a shaky video output.
Lastly, the device has a compass sensor that can help when travelling in a forest or mountain.
Work and Business
- High processor, memory and storage capacity
- Uses 5G network and supported 4G LTE as well
- Equipped with fingerprint scanner for security
- Good enough front camera specs
- Expensive if provided for employees which will only need it for communication
Having a premium phone used for work or business will be great but expensive. Specs wise, it will be above requirements.
Processing, memory, storage wise, the device is perfect for work needs.
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G for office employees in business is a luxury. Even if it is for employees that are required to take videos and pictures, this device will be a little bit expensive for a camera without an optical zooming feature.
It is equipped with the best network available, 5G. Though since it is not fully supported yet in the Philippines, you can only enjoy its 4G LTE which is the highest supported network here.
It has features such as a fingerprint scanner that can provide an additional layer of security for the device.
Its front camera feature is decent enough for video conferences and any other video call.
- Great processing capability with high memory and storage capacity
- Wide screen
- Decent front camera
- Expensive if dedicated for home learning only
The Samsung Galaxy A32 5G is expensive if bought only for educational purposes.
Though specs wise, it is equipped with above the requirements for home learning.
It has a very wide screen which is helpful for previewing school materials and attending video calls.
And with a decent quality front camera, video quality will be great.
- Above required over all specs
- Expensive if dedicated for general use only
Phones for general use are usually bought just for communicating, some social media access and some internet browsing.
All in all, it does not need to have high specs and having so is a bit luxurious.
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G is a mid-range phone with quite high specs so buying this phone and not maximizing its usage would be a little bit of a waste.
Though if you don’t mind spending a little bit much and like to have a quality device, this device will never be a bad investment especially if you will only have this for general use.
One of the highest rated mid range phones and is good enough for gaming.
If you want Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, you can check our recommendations below on when and when not to buy the device.
- For high end games, it is fine for you to adjust the graphics or have a bit of patience over some delayed loading of maps or game elements.
- You like taking high quality pictures with wide angles but are patient enough in a very small case the image is a bit blurry or ready to use a tripod or any external way to make stable shots.
- You don’t mind not taking zoomed in pictures.
- You like watching high quality movies, series, etc. and do not mind not perfect colors especially black.
- You want a device with good memory and storage, long battery life, and decent camera but is fine with shaky video output or fine with taking pictures again if in minimal case of it being blurry.
Work / Education / General Use
- You need a phone for work, or phone for online class, or even only for daily basic communication, social media, and internet browsing and want a high quality specs for it even if it is expensive
- You want a professional gaming experience that is smooth and feels the game from the very small details.
- You want a higher quality camera, with a stability and great zooming feature.
- You prefer having a phone camera with a better zooming feature.
- You look for a device dedicated for your employees and is for communication purposes only. This device will be a bit expensive.
- You look for a device dedicated to online classes only. This device will be a bit expensive.
- You want a device that will only be used for basic communication, social media, and internet browsing. This device will be a bit expensive.